Tuesday 19 August 2014

The Cow Bear

My most recent project has been to make a teddy bear.  I got a pattern and fabric at a nearby fabric store.  They didn't have a very large selection of fuzzy animal fabrics, and it turned out that my favourite was a cow-like pattern.  No problem, I decided to make a cow bear!

The first step: Cutting the fabric.  And shaking it out lots to stop the shedding!


I decided to hand stitch the bear.  Somehow doing it all by hand made it feel like I was putting more of myself into it.


With only the front done and the eyes and nose attached, it already looks like a teddy bear!


It took way more time than I thought to do all of the hand stitching, but it was worth it.



That is some sewing worthy of Little House on the Prairie, if I say so myself!  But "Little Apartment in the City" just doesn't have the same ring to it...


I used the filling from an old pillow for stuffing, sewed up the back, added a bow, and the cow bear was finished!


Ain't he a dapper little fellow?



No comments:

Post a Comment