Monday 13 October 2014

"Perfect Pony"

My latest project has been another stuffed animal for baby, but this time a crocheted one.  I found a free pattern online for a stuffed animal horse, called "Perfect Pony".  Here is the link if you want to check it out:  http://members.optusnet.com.au/we2/perfectpony.html

I used a bunch of random yarn that I picked up at MCC last year, and used a crochet hook that seemed comfortable.  Since the pattern didn't have a tension gauge, I really had no idea what size my pony would end up being!  I also decided not to make the saddle and bridle that was a part of the pattern.  Here is a peek at the process, although really the most time-consuming part was all the crocheting, and I didn't take any pictures of that.

It's really quite amazing how a bunch of random yarn can become something so cohesive, beautiful and useful.


There were definitely moments when I had to just hope that the pattern was telling me to do the right thing!


The pieces of one pony - ready to be assembled!


I am always impressed by how easy it is to sew crocheted pieces together.


Then all there was left to do was make the mane and tail, and add the facial features.



All finished!  Overall I found it to be a very easy pattern, and since I was able to use supplies that I already had (yarn and the stuffing from an old pillow) it was an inexpensive project too.  Sorry about the overabundance of pictures, but I think it's just so cute!






No comments:

Post a Comment