Tuesday 3 November 2015

A Happy Halloween

Halloween has always been a bit of an awkward holiday for me, as I think it is for a lot of Christians.  I never liked the idea of celebrating a day that glorifies evil and gross things.  But this isn't a post about that.  It's about how this year I really enjoyed Halloween.

Loving costumes, and having a very cute baby, of course I will take any excuse to dress him up!  For the past couple months I had been planning themed costumes for our family.  The theme?  Doctor Who.  Now I don't actually watch Doctor Who, it's too intense for me, but everyone else around here loves it and I enjoy hearing about the Doctor's latest adventures.  Plus I saw some fun ideas on pinterest.

Since we were all dressed up, we took Steven trick-or-treating downtown.  I was surprised by the fun, friendly environment.  People were smiling and having a good time, and you could just start up a conversation with anyone.  It's not very often that I find myself in that kind of environment in the city.  I was glad that we went.  Of course, Steven didn't need the candy, but we just used the candy that we collected to give out to trick-or-treaters who came to our door later in the evening!

Then back at home we ordered pizza, made apple pie, and watched musicals.  I love family time!

Here are some pictures of our TARDIS, 11th Doctor, mini 11th doctor (we were operating in a paradox, or as a friend said: a pair-o'-docs), and a friendly Mongolian we had picked up in our travels.

"Bowties are cool!"

The TARDIS and her thief.

"She’s a woman. And she’s the TARDIS!"

"Geronimo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment